Valentine's Day as a mom often means taking the kids to buy Valentine's, struggling to get the kids to complete the Valentines while simultaneously making cookies for the class party. The aftermath is often a messy kitchen, a table covered in glue and glitter and a tired mom who has to clean it all up. This year, Valentine’s Day is on a weekend which means you’ve already done the hard part, you’ve taken care of your Valentine’s Day obligations as a mom. Now I want you to turn the focus to yourself.
This Valentine’s Day I want you to carve out some time for taking care of you. Take a moment and ask yourself what do you really need? What is your body, mind, and being craving? Maybe you want some alone time with your partner. Maybe you need some sleep. Maybe you need some relaxation. Below are some ideas of ways to take care of yourself this Valentine’s Day.
- Bubble Bath
- Massage - Maybe take turns with your partner, giving and receiving massages
- Alone Time - Ask your partner to take the kids out of the house for a few hours
- Manicure/Pedicure - Summer is on its way, time to get those feet sandal ready
- Chocolate - Don’t go cheap on yourself, treat yourself to your favorite chocolate or dessert
- Make a Valentine For Yourself - You are an awesome mom, write it down and appreciate your own strengths and efforts as a mom
- Buy Yourself Flowers and Make an Incredible Arrangement
If you are feeling guilty about taking time for yourself you can strike a deal with your partner to reciprocate and provide him with a chance to spend some time doing what he loves.